It is time for bed

I posted some pictures and video on my Facebook page since I can't post from here. Tonight was mighty fun.
First, dinner was at the Hard Rock Cafe. We got to have dinner in the Michael Jackson room. He is from Indiana, so all the items were his. There were lyrics hand written, the coat from his Beat It Video. A year ago, Michael Jackson died, and we found out on our NASC trip. So, it was the anniversary. We had a moment of silence:)
After dinner, we went to a baseball game. At Victory Field, we saw the Indianapolis Indians play the Toledo Mud Hens. Their name was the American Coots, but it made them sound like old people, so they changed it to the Mud Hens. I am not sure that is much better. The Indians were down until the 7th inning when they hit a grand slam. In the top of the 9th, the Mud Hens scored 2 to be within one run. The next hitter came up and whacked it...it was almost the winning run, but the outfielder made a miracle catch for the victory.
After the game, the field crew laid out plastic tarps on the field. They rolled out carts and POW, they lite them off. The carts were fireworks right in the middle of the field. One wrong move would have been disastrous. But, nothing but really cool fireworks. I posted a picture on Facebook, so you could see how close it was.
There were no nets to protect the crowd from the fly balls, so one lady got hit in the head with a ball. One bat broke and flew into the crowd, too. It was quite interesting:)
We are now ready for bed; it is almost midnight. The conference starts tomorrow.
I hope Cora begins to feel better. I wish I was there to snuggle. I miss Loren, too. I will be home soon. I love you all.

No comments: