Her First Day of School

We got in late Sunday night and made the mistake of saying, "By the time you wake up in the morning, you will be in kindergarten." The quiet stressed Loren appeared. She kept saying, "I am really nervous mom."

Loren picked her outfit out and tried to wake up on the couch.


The first outfit and back pack. Notice Cora looking on admiringly.


I took her to school before she went to kindergarten. She is in afternoon kindergarten, so that she can be Miss Dana's Helper in pre school for the little kids. At CV, she made friendship bracelets for all the 'big' kids working in the school.

I took her to lunch. A first day special treat I would like to continue throughout school; well, after kindergarten we will have to do breakfast:)

We stopped at Miss Dana's to get Cora and we all decided to go together to Hamblen Elementary School for Loren's First Day of Kindergarten.

Loren's teacher is Ms. Ray. She loves Dr. Seuss. She is excited to be able to go to ''Real" school. I am excited and moved by my little girl entry the world of institutional learning.

1 comment:

Toby and Tammy said...

MRS. D!!!!!! Totally didn't know you had a blog! Now I'll have to stalk you on facebook and blogger!

Hope you are doing well and are gearing up for the next school year. My little sis is a freshman this year and I'm trying to get her into Leadership. She would be awesome.

Come say hi! www.tobyandtammythornton.blogspot.com

Love you dearly.